Being charged with a crime can be a confusing and frightening experience especially for those who have no experience with our criminal justice system. Criminal convictions can result in immediate consequences, such as incarceration or asset seizure, and may have long term impacts on other rights, including the ability to obtain employment, to vote, and to travel. Being subject to a police investigation and criminal prosecution, coupled with uncertainty about the outcome, can be overwhelming.
It is important to know your rights and to act quickly to protect them. Finding the right Rhode Island criminal defense attorney to handle your case may be one of the most important decisions you ever make. Miller Scott Holbrook & Jackson will work aggressively on your behalf to protect your rights and reach the best possible disposition of your case.
With significant trial experience, our attorneys will represent and defend your interests by:
- Representing you at all initial court appearances, including arraignments, bail hearings,
pretrial conferences, and hearings on pretrial motions;
- Engaging in a thorough review of the evidence, including police reports, witness statements, and forensic evidence;
- Researching and understanding all applicable statutory and case law to prepare your defense;
- Conducting exhaustive trial preparation to be in the best possible position at trial; and
- Appearing with you in the courtroom throughout trial and, if necessary, taking an appeal
to a higher court.